I did have another PhD student look askance at the fact that I could enjoy the prettiness of the snow though. I pointed out that it wasn't going to settle, and it was practically CGI quality snow falling in front of a cathedral lit up for the night - glorious. His response? "Well, when you get to my age you don't really find it that exciting." He is twenty-three. I responded with the hope that once he reached my grand old age of twenty-six he would once again take delight in the world...
So, achievements this month:
Long bits of writing done: 1 (should have been 2, that is now trailing over into February)
Blog posts written: 3
Books read: 0 completely (Theory is, if I start tracking it, it will improve)
Books bought: 3 (not too bad, a little high. On the plus side, did discover a couple of ebook repositories, and am arranging a loan of another text I want to read.)
- Sat down for a morning with some bibliographic software, put together a system that works and organised most of the PDFs from last term.
- Had an excellent supervision and set some targets for next month.
- Found login details for most of my blogs and actually started using them.
- Managed to arrange social things to happen twice.
- Had a really crap month, but have not dropped anything really important, and have made plans to help with next month.
- 2 long bits of writing
- 5 blog posts (this one doesn't count)
- Attend 3 large social gatherings
- Read 1 theoretical text and 1 biography